Thursday, April 29, 2010

White Whine

There is a great website called White Whine.  The site is full of comments from white people about how hard their lives are.  Things like "I really hope my doorman doesn't go on strike this week" and "My iPad is really heavy!"  While they don't update the site as much as I would like, I do enjoy the comments.  I, myself, have had a White Whine kind of week.  Let me explain (read: whine).

Tuesday, my cleaning lady came to do our house.  While there she told my husband that she is going in for back surgery on Thursday (today!!) and will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks.  My initial thought was "Fuck!"  Not "gee, I hope she's ok" but "FUCK!  I am going to have to clean my own house?!"  Uh, yeah.  Those 4.5 baths don't clean themselves, people.

Yesterday we had a benefits meeting for a new company we are going to merge with.  Thing I'm pissy about?  My PTO time.  I will be forced to cash out my time at the time of the transition and I will have to start with ZERO hours when we are with the new group.  ZERO.  This is like a death sentence to me.  How on earth am I suppose to survive with ZERO PTO time?  My husbands response?  "Can't you just ask them to make you a manager so you don't have to worry about PTO time?"  Oh, right.  I forgot.  I can just snap my fingers and make anything happen.  I've just been too lazy to do it all this time.  I mean, snapping is really hard!  It's why I haven't snapped up the lottery numbers yet.  My fingers are tired.  But fuck....ZERO PTO time.  Ugh.

In response to the impending doom of zero PTO time, I've been looking at vacations with the Top Gay.  We found a cruise that starts in Rome, goes to Sicily, Athens, Turkey and Crete.  We can get a balcony room for $950 for the week!  The only issue is the airfare is running about $1500.  Sure, we could probably find something cheaper, but we are only willing to fly on select airlines so that we can upgrade to first class.  I mean, I'm not slummin' it in coach for 10 hours.  I need my fine dining, booze and extra large reclining seat.

So yeah, my life is HARD people.  If this cruise doesn't work out, I might have to take my kid to Disney instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment