Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clean house

So a new cleaning crew was coming today to take care of my house.  Remember how my old cleaning lady had to go out for back surgery and I was pissed off that I would have to clean the house myself?  Well, the dearest husband o' mine called up the folks that clean his old frat house on campus and asked them if they did private homes as well.  They said they did and came over to have a look-see.  They told him they would just accept whatever we paid our previous person so of course Frugal Fanny told them the price was about half of what we normally pay.  I'm not complaining though.  I do have a cruise to finance (yes, the Top Gay and I booked it and we leave at the end of the month!).  Anyway, today was their first day.

Now in general, I AM one of those people that cleans before the cleaning people come.  No, I don't pre-scrub the toilets or anything but I do pick up the dirty underwear that is scattered around the house and try to put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher rather than leave them in the sink.  I also try to pick up the shit ton of toys and games that my kid leaves laying around.  Just a general pick up and de-clutter if you will.  This morning I felt ultra frazzled since I haven't had time to prepare for the new crew.  Work has been busy and I seem to be off in 80 different directions lately so I just haven't prepared.  The old cleaning person wasn't as big of a deal.  She knew us and our dirty laundry so I got to a point where I didn't feel as hard pressed to clean before her arrival.  I still did it, but I wasn't fanatical about it.  Today I left the house in a near panic ordering my kid to pick up her crap because the cleaning people were coming.  I do wonder how much cleaning crews are like hairdressers.  I know our "old" lady did share gossip and stories with another person she cleaned for.  I use to work with this person (which is how I found her in the first place) and would always hear about what B told her about me when she was cleaning.  The last thing I want is a bunch of people around town knowing about the shit inside my house (literally and figuratively of course).

So I'll depart work here shortly and head home to see how things are.  I hope it's good because we sure did need a cleaning (and lord knows I'm too lazy to do it myself). 

No comments:

Post a Comment