Friday, October 1, 2010

It's up to you

New York, Neeeeeeew Yooooooooork.......

New York has been on my mind.  I grew up in the Empire State and will always consider it home.  There is just something badass about being a NY native.  Something you can't describe, and that no one else can understand.  I get an overwhelming feeling of peace as the plane starts to circle the city for landing.

The Top Gay and I try to visit once a year but it never seems like quite enough.  The last time we went we stayed an extra day and crammed in 4 Broadway shows, dinner, museums and general soaking up of the city activities.  I just feel like I need to be there again.  Now.

I've been dying to take the kid along too.  I can't wait to show her around and see the awe in her eyes.  It was such a great experience roaming around the city as a kid.  My parents took us often and I'm so grateful for that.  Even if my mother always screeched "Take off your jewelry and lock your doors!"  As if some mad man was just waiting on us to exit the Midtown Tunnel.  For a woman that grew just outside the city and went to college IN the city, you'd think she'd be more relaxed.  But I guess when you're born high strung you don't ever lose that sense about you.

Anyway, I must find a date to go.  There are endless new restaurants waiting for us to dine.  Countless shows waiting for us to drop our jaws in overwhelmed delight.  I need to get nauseous in a taxi as the driver slams on the gas and brake with equal abandon.  I want to be jostled on the street and have a "Fuck you!" yelled at me for no reason.  I want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment