Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reviving this blog!

It looks like I need to give this blog some CPR. I was cruising along just fine until the holidays came. Then the kid had birthday and work got busy, and this blog started a slow painful death. But I'm going to try to revive it! Especially since I'm back to hating my job and the weather and life in general. It's like the midwest is jealous of DC and WANTS a snowpocalypse of it's own. According to the weather we should have had 6 inches on the ground on Friday night and another 9 inches by the end of today. Sadly, we only had 2 inches on Friday and maybe another 2 today. *sigh* If it's gonna snow I would at least like to get pounded so I can get a day off of work. Not just 2 inches that they won't plow causing a pain in the ass drive in to work and nothing more. A monkey could do a better job of predicting the weather.

So how 'bout those Saints, huh? I never thought that would happen. Thought the Colts had that Lombardi trophy in their hands before they ever left Indy. Pfft. How wrong I was! I admit that it's pretty cool that they won. A team that has never even been to a Super Bowl won the big game. That's cool. What I don't get is the whole "Who Dat" thing. Because you support the Saints you now have to sound like a complete idiot? I also don't get why people go out and get trashed after their team wins. I understand that you may feel vindicated after years of supporting a losing team, but why get shitfaced? Why fire off guns on Bourbon Street? That makes no sense to me. I have a friend that called in to work yesterday because she was still drunk. An event that has no real impact on your life causes you to get so wasted that you can't even make it to work the next day? Now don't get me wrong, in my younger days I did call in to work hungover, but that was just my own stupidity, not because a professional sports team just won a major event.

And then there are the "missionaries" in Haiti that kidnapped children after the earthquake. They SWEAR they were told their papers were in order. Really? I know the government is in shambles but you can't just assume that taking kids to "give them a better life" is ok. I really hate they fall back on the whole idea that they are good Christian people and were only trying to do what is best for the kids. Uh, no, you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be taking kids away from their families. Especially during such a traumatic time. Yes, people are poor in Haiti but they were poor before any of this happened. They didn't have clean water for YEARS and now we are flying it in by the plane load because there was an earthquake. We are throwing money at a country that doesn't even know what it's like to have 2 nickels to rub together. Get a grip people! Use your heads and your hands and do something that can actually benefit these people. Like building them houses and clearing away rubble. Providing first aid to the injured and help bury the dead. No one wants to be saved by Jesus right now. They want food in their stomachs and a roof over their heads. Not to have their children taken away from them.

So how's that for a welcome back bitchfest?

No comments:

Post a Comment