Sunday, March 21, 2010

At least the new healthcare bill will pay for the therapy I'll need after listening to the BS about the healthcare bill

Oh. My. God. Please pass this fucking bill today so that I can finally have an end to this moronic bullshit. I have a friend on Facebook that I consider a second mother to me. Every day for the last 3 days it has been as though she is holding her own teabagger revolt via Facebook status updates. I want to post back and say "SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!" and then ask her if she's even READ the bill. But I know in true teabagger fashion, she'll just say that it's not HER job to read the bill. Yes, you can just bitch the days away without even knowing what the fuck you are talking about!

And what is with everyone saying "What about the Constitution?" What about it? It says in Article I that "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States." Isn't that kinda what we are doing here?

And now there are protesters in DC hurling slurs at Members of Congress. Words such as nigger and faggot. Really? And you expect people to take you seriously? Look, if you want to protest, have at it. That's what makes his country great. Use the power of your voice. Call your Congressman and Senator. Write letters and Op-Eds. Start a petition. But using slurs is just disgusting and tasteless. And it brings down EVERYONE who stands on your side of the issue. This isn't about the color of someone's skin or their sexual orientation. It's about people being SCARED of change. It's about opposition believing anything they are told. Even by someone who has used the socialized medicine in Canada and writes notes on her hand.

These are the people that scare me:



I work in healthcare and I really wish these people could see the struggles that good people go through because private insurance deems them not worthy of treatment. I would like to see what these people would do if they ever lost their insurance or god forbid were struck down with a life threatening disease that most insurance carriers limit treatment for. There is the old saying "walk a miles in their shoes" before you go judging and making assumptions about people. But I guess that's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment