Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Global Warming is a Hoax

Oh hey look! We're going to get another arctic cold blast! I think I'm going to start siding with the "Global Warming is a Hoax!" people. Not that I ever really had an opinion on the matter before, but the last 2 winters have given me no reason to believe that temperatures are rising ANYWHERE. How can glaciers be disappearing when the "arctic air" we are getting keeps temps in the midwest barely above zero? Or in the case of last winter, we never even GOT to temps above zero for many days. Our summers have been fairly mild. No terrible heat waves that have people keeling over and seeking air conditioned shelter. Quite frankly, I'm going to drive my SUV even MORE if it's going to make the weather more tolerable.

Florida's temps rose to a mid-day high of 48 yesterday. Those poor old folks are FREEZING down there. The Governor has even declared a state of emergency that lifts the weight limit on trucks so the farmers can their crops out. Funny thing though, where the hell are they going to send those crops? It's not like any of us are doing any better than Florida. 48 is a fricking heat wave compared to where I live. The Floridians are freaking out that they actually have to buy COATS! What is this world coming to??

The weather honchos are saying we'll have a "brief warm up" today and tomorrow. Apparently brief warm up means temps in the low to mid 20's. How pathetic is that? And we are still expected to get up to 7 inches of snow by tomorrow evening (at least where I live). I remember hearing somewhere that Iceland had a high suicide and depression rate due to the cold and dreary conditions. Of course I can't find a source to prove that and now my Google history at work is going to look suspicious, but whatever. In the end I can say I get it. Being cooped up indoors all day every day is enough to make anyone crazy. Especially if you have kids. Or a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment