Saturday, September 4, 2010

Long Weekend

It's Labor Day weekend and clearly the beginning of fall. The temps only got up to about 65 and there was a constant breeze blowing all day. We were finally able to turn off the A/C and throw open all the windows and doors. What a nice change of pace! It also helped to air out the house since I still have a germy one. Her fever was up and down all day today. She said she felt ok otherwise and seemed to be full of energy. I kept her tied down (not literally - although some days it's a possibility) as much as I could but did let her play with her friends for about an hour just to get out of the house.

I ran to the library to get a new book that I had requested. The Tower, The Zoo and the Tortoise by Julia Stuart. I read somewhere that it was a sleeper hit of the summer. So far so good.

I also picked up these:


Our local floral wholesaler was having a one day only 50% off sale. I randomly came across the sale on Facebook so I swung by and got myself a treat. There is just something about white roses. So pure and elegant. Love them!

Then, since the weather was just right, I made this:


It looks much better in person and tastes even better than it looks. Chocolate chip cake. Mmmm..... Guess it's time to get out my fat pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment