Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love/Hate

I thought I would list out 10 things that I love and 10 things that I hate.  Why not?

Things I love:

1.  Fall - it's almost fall and I love the cool air and the changing leaves.  Just beautiful
2.  Vacation/Travel - As my dad always told me "If you don't get away at least one a year, you're gonna go crazy."  How right he was!
3.  Sweets - I LOVE cake especially, but cookies, or any sweet treat will do.  I must have at least one sweet thing a day.
4.  Reading - Reading is just such a great escape for me.  I love to get lost in a book.
5.  Water - More specifically, the ocean.  I'm actually terrified of swimming in the ocean (I always think I'll be swept away by the current), but I love just sitting on a boat or in a cafe by the beach just staring out at the water.  It really makes you feel like you're at the end of the world.
6.  The Top Gay - What can I say?  He's listened to me laugh, cry and everything in between.  He doesn't judge me (to my face at least) and he always puts me in a good mood.  He stands by me and defends me and is just all around a wonderful guy.
7.  The Kid - She makes me laugh out loud every day.  She dramatic and smart and charming and fun.  I'm a lucky girl.
8.  The Husband - I guess I should put him in here too?  :-)
9.  Photography - I like to dream that some day I will know enough to do this as a profession, but in the meantime, I'll just keep striving to take the perfect photo.
10.  The stars - I have always loved to stare up at the night sky and think about how far away the stars are and how little we are in the grand scheme of things.  A dark night full of stars is the perfect ending to any day.


Things I hate:

1.  Flip flops - these are not shoes people.  If you're using a public shower or going to the beach, fine.  Otherwise, WEAR SHOES!
2.  Mayo - I'm gagging just typing that word.
3.  Feet - this should go along with the whole flip flop issue.  Feet are nasty and I don't want to see your mangled, dirty toes.  Disgusting.
4.  Stupid People - to clarify, I'm not talking about people with learning disabilities, but rather people that don't use common sense.  People that waste your time because they are worried about which air freshener to buy, or people that try to spread hatred through their own fears.
5.  Screaming kids - I never allowed the kid to scream.  Even when she talks loudly now, I tell her to tone it down. 
6.  Not having my Dad anymore - he passed away 3 years ago.
7.  Never feeling satisfied with myself - I could always lose a few more pounds, or run more, or read more, or, or, or......
8.  Roller coasters - they make me puke.  End of story.
9.  Winter - especially bitterly cold, blizzard-like winters.
10.  Religion - it's just brainwashing at it's best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment