Monday, December 14, 2009

Crazy Facebook Lady

My kid has a friend that she met in pre-school. This kid (we'll call her L) is annoying as hell. She's a spoiled brat. Her parents are both therapists so that gives you a clue as to how wacky this child is. I call L's mother the Crazy Facebook Lady. Why, you ask? Because last year she posted a whole therapy-esque missive on my Facebook wall. The kids had a tiff at school and L whined to her mother and the mother posted the ENTIRE episode on my FB wall. Including a note that asked me (the adult) to call her kid (a 5 year old) to discuss the situation.

Ok, first of all, if you want to post that on my FB wall have at it. But when you post your home phone number for everyone to see, I am NOT responsible for any prank calls you may or may not receive. I am also not responsible when my other Facebook friends come out and respond to your post and attack you. *ahem* Secondly, the kids need to work it out. I'm not speaking to a 5 year old about some stupid tiff she got into with my kid. They are old enough to work it out and this mommy ain't stepping in to solve my kid's problems. When I emailed this to the mother, she responded with painstaking detail (again) about everything that happened and how hurt her kid was, blah, blah, blah. I just deleted her email.

Flash forward to last Thursday. I get home and am cooking dinner. CFBL texts me that she wants to stop by with a party invitation for Saturday. It's a last minute sleepover thing for the girls. I'm not thrilled about this and immediately go into survival mode. Do I take the kid to the store so we're not here when they arrive? Do I flat out deny the party? God I hate the fucking woman! How do I avoid this??

At 7:15 the doorbell rings. I didn't tell my kid they were coming so she is surprised and happy. CFBL and her kid come in and hand us the invitation. Of course the kids want to play so we say fine, they can play for a few minutes. AN HOUR LATER they are still at my house. CFBL has left her puppy in the car and it's 15 degrees out. I have a throbbing headache since L is a screaming banshee that has terrorized my house and my dog. I'm doing all I can to get them out of my house without directly kicking them out. They finally leave at about 8:30. My husband says "Man, that woman is annoying." I tell him now he finally understands.

During the summer, my kid was begging for a play date with some pre-school friends. CFBL shows up with her kid. They have a backpack and a sleeping bag. "Well, L wanted to sleep over so she brought her stuff." Um, this wasn't a sleepover and it's NOON. And now I've got another kid that thinks she wasn't invited to sleep over! By 11pm L wanted to go home (and I wanted her to go home too) so I handed her the phone and made her call her mother. I didn't even try to get her stay.

So now CFBL has been harassing me about what I'm doing with my kid over Christmas break. I've been avoiding her like the plague. This weekend she told me she suckered (my word, no hers) some other parent to take her kid for 3 days one week. This also includes a sleepover. My husband and I just laughed. That poor woman has no idea what she signed up for. But at least she can be someone else's cross to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment