Monday, December 21, 2009

Top Ten

I was perusing Twitter this morning and saw that Meghan McCain (yes, I follow her - don't judge me.) created a list of the most interesting people of 2009. Since when do we care who Meghan McCain thinks is interesting? She isn't even all that interesting herself half the time. Except when she takes an obviously sexy photo and then gets all dumb blonde on us about it. Like, OMG, I didn't know this was gonna cause a stir! *giggle*

So in salute to Megs, I hereby give you MY list of the Top Ten Most Interesting People of 2009. (Please note that these are in random order because I'm too damn lazy to really THINK about this and much like Meghan McCain, I don't think anyone cares.)

#10 Tiger Woods

Ok, so the man that seemingly has everything apparently can't get enough rough sex. I definitely think that's interesting. I will continue to watch to see the layers unfold on this drama.

#9 Sarah Palin

Yeah, I said it. But I think she's interesting because you just never know what kind of crazy may come out of her mouth next. It's like she really has no common sense. She made millions off of her book deal but couldn't afford a new visor before her Hawaiian vacation? She literally had to black out John McCain's name on the one she had? And she didn't think that would attract attention? Yeah, morons are interesting.

#8 Capt. Sullenberger

He landed the USAirways jet in the Hudson River. I am fascinated by him because he has some sort of PR machine behind him. He always has the right answer and is never emotional. I think he is a hero, but is he really human?

#7 Bernie Madoff

It just blows my mind that this guy ran this Ponzi scheme for YEARS and no one thought anything of it. Really? No one thought the massive returns on their investments were too good to be true? I just don't get it. But Bernie did. He knew these people would believe anything and he took them for all they were worth. I just wonder where the rest of the money is hidden now.

#6 Lady GaGa

I don't understand her or her "art". I don't really want to but I am oddly fascinated by her. Her songs annoy the shit out of me though.

#5 The Obamas

They look like they run a tight ship but yet are relaxed and cool. They put forth the image that they have a fabulous marriage and great family. There is no way their lives are as perfect as they make it out to be. I would LOVE to see the finger waving and head bobbing that goes on behind closed doors.

#4 The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Dude, anyone grown woman that flips a table is interesting.

#3 The Duggars

Like a car wreck, I cannot turn away. For two good Christians, Jim Bob and Michelle can't seem to keep their hands off of each other. I don't quite think that's what the Lord had in mind when he talked about procreating. They never watch tv, don't seem to really have friends, they homeschool and they all look like clones of each other. Watching them visit a school and seeing what the real world like is fascinating.

#2 Stephanie Meyer

It's pretty bad ass when you wake up from a dream and then write a best selling teen series about it. Although the whole Mormon angle of her beliefs obviously creeps into the story, but I can still admire a stay at home mom turned superstar (so to speak).

#1 Julia Child

I went to see Julie and Julia this summer and then followed that up with Julia's book about her life in France. She was a saucy little bitch and I love her for it. Definitely pick up that book if you haven't read it.

So are you blown away? Amazed? Intrigued? Or all of the above? Babs has nothing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment